i really don’t understand why it’s so hard for people to understand why capitalism is such a bad idea. there is enough food, water, shelter for every single person on this planet and yet capitalism creates artificial shortages on all three, depriving millions from the necessities of life.
Unemployment of people able/willing to work is also the most ridiculous thing because, just in my community alone, i can think of endless things that could be done to improve it: we need more teachers, our roads are in shambles, there are empty/dilapidated buildings that can be re-purposed; the resources to pay/provide for the currently unemployed people to do these things exists within my community too.
It’s irreconcilable with any standard of ethics (including Christian ethics, a set of morals our country claims to love so much) to continue to support an economic system that thinks enabling the mega rich to continue to increase their hyper-luxurious lifestyle at the expense of every one else is more important than bettering the lives of everyone in the community.
Book Quotes: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
"You might wear that scar like a crown, Potter, but it is not up to a seventeen-year-old boy to tell me how to do my job!"
- The Doctor wrote LISTEN and forgot
- There was a kid under the blanket
- Orson Pink was going mad from isolation
- The Banging and screeching was causes by cooling pipes and air escaping from the broken air shield
- THERE WAS NEVER ANY CREATURE. IT WAS ALL IN THIER MINDS. The fear in this episode is the fear of not knowing, the fear of not seeing, and the fear of the belief that something is standing right behind you, right under the bed, even when there isn’t.